Tuesday, September 10, 2013

112. It's (SO not) a Snap


'It's a Snap'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard
(My no. 7 for the '30 in 30' challenge.)

Ok, so just because you don't see me here doesn't mean I'm not painting.
Yesterday, I painted and then wiped off one and a half whole paintings before getting to this little guy. UGH. Monday. Sometimes you can't just make it work, no matter what Tim Gunn says. 

It's a new day and things are going much better. :)
I've painted these snapdragons before with a blue (t-shirt) background, and this one was just as much fun. The blue one is still available, btw, just look for it in my Daily Paintworks gallery.

Oh, speaking of Daily Paintworks, they have a new monthly contest with cash prizes and my entry 'Peeling Potatoes' (below) for last month was one of the judges picks! Yay! I get a free month's membership and all the work I post this month will be up near the top of the page. Better get to painting!



sold


11 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Congratulations! I saw your painting with other winners and it shined.

I like your snapdragon painting. The reflection in the bowl is amazing.

Egretta Wells blog said...

This is a gorgeous painting...your work is so clean, yet interesting and painterly, as well. Love it. Signed on as a follower. The challenge is fun if not a bit hectic for me!

Patricia Awapara said...

Nora, your painting are beautiful. This one has incredible reflections!
http://awapara.wordpress.com/

Lori Quarton said...

Lovely! Is it my imagination or are you getting looser? Love the colors and the bowl. Also your DPW entry is wonderful!!

Helen H Trachy said...

Love your painting and everything I've seen so far. Good luck for the rest of the challenge. :)

Susan Williams' Studio said...

Just lovely! Really caught my eye. The color and reflections are well done!

Kara K. Bigda said...

Congratulations, Nora! :) You deserve it -- you're a wonderful painter. Your #7 popped off the page to me -- I'm such a big fan. I really love your style.

Arena Shawn said...

This one is so beautiful!!! I can see that you are treating this challenge very seriously and taking each painting through with great dedication, not just trying to pop out a painting a day. I love all your challenge pieces -- and your other work! Congratulations for the DPW award.

Nora Bergman said...

Ah, thanks, girls! You're so kind - I really appreciate you taking the time to comment!

Lori - I could be, not sure! I think it depends on the day - and the subject I choose - I like to change things up a lot. :)

Arena - Yes, I get a little crazy when I try to just pop 'em out! (In regular painting life also, not just during a challenge.) Just gotta go with the flow, do what I can. :)

Wendy Barrett said...

Nora, this is stunning! I love the reflections in the bowl and the colours throughout are gorgeous!

Kaethe Bealer said...

Love your paintings! I just "discovered" you! Am a fan now and following you. Congratulations!