Tuesday, September 3, 2013

108. Third Day in the the Sun!


'Day in the Sun'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

Yahoo, three in a row for the '30 in 30' challenge!

This was another really fun one to paint - and who can resist a backlit sunflower? This one is growing in my sister's front yard - so warm, sunny, summery, warm ;) ...love it. But, to me, they also give off the first sneaky feelings of Fall...which I also love, but not quite yet! 

Speaking of Fall, today was the first day of school for my boys -- here they are all ready to go! (Second grade and kindergarten.) It is so cool to see them grow and experience these big milestones. I'm so blessed. :)



sold


6 comments:

Egretta Wells blog said...

Hi Nora, love your backlit sunflower. Third Day and I've done 3 sunflowers. I think my next one won't be, but who knows! Happy painting.

Terri Buchholz said...

I am loving this sunflower! Isn't it the most amazing thing to have a day to yourself when your little ones go off to school! I so remember that feeling although I missed him at the same time! Hope they have a good year!

Sandhya Manne said...

Hi Nora, I found you through Leslie's 30-30...I love your colors and the theme...interestingly I too have a 2nd grader and a Kindergartner...Happy Painting!!

Nora Bergman said...

Thanks, Egretta! This was my first and I really enjoyed it - something special about a sunflower!

Nora Bergman said...

Thanks, girls! I actually have one more little guy at home, but when he doesn't have a brother home to play (fight) with, we both have a nice peaceful morning. :)

Anette (Ahlholm) Power said...

Hi Nora! Love following your work! And I didn't know you have boys a similar age to mine. Mine are 4 and seven. Great to see other moms with young ones painting:-) Not an easy challenge.