Thursday, September 5, 2013

110. Your Porch or Mine?


'Your Porch or Mine?'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

Day five in the '30 in 30' challenge! Whew! This one about did me in. 
And, then, trying to get a good picture of it - not easy! 

This little scene is from one of the quaint hilly streets in Astoria, Oregon. 
I love cruising around Astoria on a sunny day, admiring all the charming houses perched perilously on hillsides.
Astoria is one of the oldest cities on the West Coast, and a large portion of her first immigrant settlers were from Finland, the land of my forefathers. I get a kick out of seeing 'Suomi Hall' (now a retail store) and other Finnish names around town - makes me feel at home. ;)

sold


4 comments:

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Handsome painting and this challenge is tuff ! Painting is usually the easy part - getting a good photo and editing and posting is the hard stuff...Good luck!

Kara K. Bigda said...

Beautiful painting, Nora! Your post made me laugh, as I can feel your pain. I'm starting to struggle . . . AND my camera has decided to give me trouble. Oh boy. Hang in there, friend! :)

Nora Bergman said...

Thank you! Yes, it can be a real struggle some days!

Nora Bergman said...

Thanks, Kara!