Monday, March 4, 2013

78. Monday Morning


'Monday Morning'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

Our morning commute. Or, the six block drive home from school. :)

Dense fog settled low in distant canyons; sunbeams pointing long shadows towards beaming porches, and the lingering overnight frost giving spring lawns an extra glow.

Pretty loosey-goosy on this one --  I know, I spell that different every time, -- but that's usually what I need on a Monday. :) 
The sun actually stayed with us all day long, so I opened my window wide and enjoyed the smell of freshly cut grass and the sounds of kids playing outdoors. 

Ah, Spring. :)

sold

4 comments:

Cindy Greene said...

Hi Nora, I followed your link from Leslie's blog. I'm so enjoying your work! This is beautiful; great strong composition and values.

c.dingman said...

Very pretty and so welcoming for a Monday.

Linda Popple said...

So much information in a small format. Beautifully painted!

Nora Bergman said...

Thanks, girls!