Thursday, January 31, 2013

62. Strike Over


"Strike Over"
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

So, today, I fell in love with painting again.

Yesterday, we broke up.
It wasn't that I didn't try to make it work. Believe me, I tried.
All day long, I begged, I pleaded...I gave it all I had. 
But, as my mom would say, "Nothing doing".
 *Sigh.* 

Ok, drama's over. :) 
It was a little frustrating, but really only because I thought I might make this my first five-for-five week. (Five paintings in five days.) 
It's all right though, not every day is going to be smooth sailing. 
It can be hard to walk away from the easel when you're as stubborn as me, but I'm learning that after a break, a good night's sleep, some prayer, ok, maybe lots of prayer, I will be much better off. 
And, the desire to create will come back. It always does. 

Ok, on to today's painting.
A silver-plated tray serves up some nice reflective bling, and my very favorite bowling pin shows off its numerous war wounds. 
Both were extremely enjoyable to paint, but I especially loved that bowling pin. Can't wait to paint it again. :)
A good day!


sold

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Another great, unexpected combination! Love your work!