Sunday, February 9, 2014

146. Sunday Best


'Sunday Best'
 6" x 6"
oil on gessobord

We are snowed in and lovin' it. 
Well, ok, when you live in the middle of a town, that's sort of impossible, but, my little family has been all together for three days now, and it's been really, really sweet. Mostly. ;) We walked to the store yesterday, mainly because I had a cabin-fever urge to do a puzzle and we don't own one with more than twenty-five pieces. It's been years, - decades, I'm sure, since I've wanted to do such a thing. It was just as satisfying as I'd hoped. :)

In between all the family bonding, I got to sneak in a little painting. 
I attempted this scene several times last fall and just couldn't let it beat me.  This time, - much better. :) 

sold


Oh, also, - great news - my painting, 'Retired' , was a judges pick in the Daily Paintworks monthly contest for January!


You can see all the January winners and entries here.
As a judges pick, I have free membership for the month of February, and all the paintings I post will be showed near the top of the page with the other featured artists. If you haven't entered their monthly contests yet, go for it! There are cash prizes for the top three, and, you don't have to be a Daily Paintworks member to enter.

No comments: