Tuesday, January 7, 2014

140. Retired


'Retired'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

Hey all! It's a New Year, and I'm finally ready for it!
Our 2013 ended in such a sweet, quiet, way and it was just what I needed after a year with some major stresses. Thank you, Lord. :)

Even though I have sworn off winter road trips in the past (more than once!) - we packed up the car and headed across country to see my parents and other family and friends in Minnesota. The drive went very smoothly both ways, and catching up with family and friends was really, really great. It was just so cozy and mellow inside, and frigid and beautiful outside. :)

Of course, while we were there, I took the opportunity to capture as many reference photos as possible. Here's one of my favorites; the Farmall H, a lovely old tractor which put in many years on the family farm. I can't get enough of those lines - the seat-spring, the steering wheel, that light; - love it. You may see this one again. :)

sold

No comments: