Monday, October 29, 2012

40. Oregon Winter


'Oregon Winter'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

I painted this over the weekend, when it was feeling very wintry -- meaning, we were getting soaked, not merely misted. :) 
Like a lot of the locals, I don't mind the rain, and I enjoy experiencing her bluster (in brief increments) at the coast. This is Ecola State Park near Cannon Beach - a favorite coastal destination. I took the photo several winters ago - my family had come out to visit in January - a little break from a Minnesota winter. :)

Anyhoo - rambling about our lame weather while Hurricane Sandy beats up the other end of the country. Sorry about that. 
I have lots of family and friends on the East Coast -- we're thinking about you and praying that you stay safe and dry!
Take care.


sold

No comments: