Tuesday, October 9, 2012

38. Red Ford at Colvin's


'Red Ford at Colvin's'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

We are enjoying absolutely stunning Fall weather here in Oregon, as if Summer decided that its late arrival warranted an overly lengthy stay.
I'm so loving it.

My husband joined me on a photo-taking walk on Sunday afternoon, and I was very excited to see this luscious vintage car parked so perfectly in front of Colvin's Grill.
SO red! I love painting red. And the red storefront trim...ahh.
He tells me it's a Ford, '46 or '47. (More than a Chevy guy is required to know. ) That's an old car!

I suppose it's a bit of a cliche to paint vintage cars - a little too 'precious', maybe, but they're just so pretty and curvy and shiny that I don't care.
And, I had just as much fun painting the lettering of Colvin's sign - all while  daydreaming about Bacon Burgers.  

sold

No comments: