Tuesday, September 9, 2014

186. August


'August' 
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

Hey gang!
I missed you! 
And...what happened to August? :)

Honestly, I can barely recall the first part, because we spent the last part of the month making a road trip to Minnesota for my grandfather's funeral. :(
He was ninety-five and will be greatly missed, most especially by his bride of seventy-one years, my sweet grandma. 

My unexpected family reunion was exceedingly bittersweet, and it's taking me some time to get back in the swing of regular life. So much life needing to be attended to, -- it can be ultra-challenging to find time to paint.
But, I have missed it terribly, and I'm so happy I finally have something to show you! My two older boys are back in school and the youngest is thoroughly enjoying having the place to himself, and I will hopefully have more time in my painting corner. :)

This scene is from somewhere in Montana. Oh, Montana, you with your big sky and never-ending round bales. You are so lovely in August.

Thanks for viewing my work!







No comments: