Friday, October 4, 2013

121. October Sun


'October Sun'
6" x 6"
oil on gessobord

This sunny little scene was captured a year ago here in our small town, and we're enjoying similar weather today. A welcome change from the ginormous amounts of rain we've had recently. :)

I tried painting this several times last year, but it was sort of a nightmare. :)  Now that I know the joy of painting on a black ground, this sort of scene works so much better. I'm kinda lovin' it. 

Photographing it, though, - well, that was not as much fun. Those purply tree shadows just get waaay too blue and glow-in-the-dark for some reason, but with the magic of photo editing (completely accidental 'let's try this' kind of editing) I got them to look very close to reality. Whew! 
Oh, also, Blogger has decided that all photos need a little extra saturation, so the image is actually a tad more accurate on Daily Paintworks and my Facebook page. That is, according to my monitor. Ha! 

Now that I've spent nearly as much time on the photo editing as I did on the painting itself...tgif! 
Have a great weekend!

sold

No comments: