Friday, November 16, 2012

43. Boy Playing on Cedars



43. Boy Playing on Cedars
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

Whew. This was a tough week for painting. 
I went to MN last weekend to help my parents celebrate milestone birthdays, and it was so great to be there, but it's taken me all week to recover! My sister Greta and I flew with my 21-month-old -- we could've used a couple more adults to keep the little bulldozer occupied! 
Greta is a blogger and party-thrower extraordinaire, and she loves to document all of her events - check out her blog if you'd like to see some of her crafty creations.

Ok, painting this week -- wiped off a couple or three, who remembers. 
Paint is running low and my favorite brushes are in a sad state, so I grabbed a couple of new ones from a craft store. 
I like them, but they're not as stiff as my favorites, so my painting became a lot looser than I tend to do. Fun, but different. Right?
At least it seems really different to me 
'cause the brushes felt so strange. 
I 'spose it's good to stretch one's self, even if one isn't really in the mood to be stretched. ;) (I'll be ordering those new brushes promptly.)

Anywho, 'Big Cedars' is a literally named park near Stevenson, WA.
It's not far from Greta's house, so we've been a few times, and I'm never not awed by the big cedars. (How's that double negative treatin' ya?)
I took this photo a few years back, and although I was SO very tempted to do away with the kiddo, (especially after the seventh try on his face) I really wanted the scale of the trees to be evident. 
No child = just ordinary cedars. These are the big ones. ;)
What do you think?

Hey. It's Friday. :) 
Happy Weekend.

No comments: