Tuesday, March 29, 2016

244. Pencil Jar


'Pencil Jar'
8" x 8"
oil on gessoboard

Hi guys!
We were on Spring Break last week so I took a painting break and enjoyed my family. 
It was really, really nice, and now I'm happy to be back in my painting corner.

So, yes, another blue canning jar. I am a little obsessed, partly because I like the jars, of course, but mostly because the painting of them is so challenging! I'm never immediately satisfied with my results, but I'm usually more gracious toward my work when I look back weeks or months later. 
(Except every once in a while, when I think it's all garbage and I'll never paint again. Haha. My poor husband.)

Anyway, here's another in my quest to paint a canning jar. Getting closer to that elusive 'exactly how I want it'. ;)

(This one is a bit bigger than than my usual small squares, hence the higher starting bid on Daily Paintworks.)

Thanks for viewing!


No comments: