Wednesday, June 25, 2014

177. The Oak


'The Oak'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

We started our Sunday drive by doing a loop on Sauvie Island, the largest island along the Columbia River. Known (at least by me) for its pumpkin patches and corn mazes, the 26,000 acre island is flat and farmy, with the added bonus of foothills and mountains rising gloriously in the distance.
This little scene was one of many just like it, - a lone oak standing guard in his field. 

Reminds me of that old saying, "Farmers: Outstanding in their field." 
(Sorry.)
Y'know, like you'd see on a t-shirt in the Miles Kimball catalog. ;) 
(That makes me sound like I'm 114 years old. I am not.)

Side note, my mom ordered us personalized pencils from Miles Kimball one year that read: 'Stolen from' followed by our name.  :)
Ohhh, for some reason that makes me laugh and laugh every time I think about it! Boy, we used to fight over that catalog. Good times. :)

sold

No comments: