Tuesday, June 24, 2014

176. Block Party


'Block Party'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

To celebrate our tenth anniversary, my husband and I spent the day doing two of our favorite things; driving around and eating. :)
An hour or two south of us is some of the best farmland in the pnw, and it's one of my favorites places to roam. The day was sunny and warm, and after stumbling upon some rolling fields of drying hay near an old barn stocked with goats, well, my senses were having a party. It brought me right back to the summers of my youth, and made me super homesick for Minnesota.
I love a farm in the summer. :)

This particular barn is one we've seen often; it's right next to the road heading north out of Yamhill, Oregon. 
The sign reads, 'Block Party USA, Yamhill OR 2005'.

sold

No comments: