Tuesday, June 25, 2013

96. Heading Home


'Heading Home'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

Ah, August in rural Minnesota. :)

Even though we all know summer doesn't officially start in the northwest until the 4th of July, some years the wait seems longer than others. 
So, in order to beat another rainy, gray day, I thought I'd paint myself a little sunshine. 
This is a photo my sister took a few summers ago in Minnesota - it transports me back there in ways I can't quite explain. 
The memories it evokes are unending; even the marks on the tar road make me homesick. (My husband gets a good laugh out of that one -- apparently the proper term is 'paved road'.) The hay rack, the fields, the telephone poles, the gentle hills...buzzing insects, humidity -- yeah, well, nobody's perfect. ;)  

Anyway, miss you, Minnesota, and hurry up and get here, sunshine. :)

sold

No comments: