Saturday, May 26, 2012

16. California Poppies


California Poppies
6" x 6"
Oil on gessoboard

Did I mention that I bought new paint? 
Frugal-me was trying to use up my starter stuff before I moved on...but I kept getting frustrated. Ack! Why did I wait so long? 
This stuff is amazing -- and actually quite frugal!
I literally just copied (the amazing) Carol Marine's palette -- took my list to Utrecht and am now a very happy camper!

As a novice with oils, I had no idea where to start - Carol's tutorials on DPW have been invaluable to me. I especially appreciate the 'My Materials' one - if you're interested in oil painting and are clueless like me, I HIGHLY recommend.

Anyway, today's painting...I love, love, love California poppies. Yesterday, I snapped a few photos of them beaming at the incredible blue sky.
 They make me smile. :)

SOLD

No comments: