Friday, May 25, 2012

15. Dusk on top of the World


Dusk on top of the World
6" x 6"
Oil on gessoboard

A couple of summers ago, my husband and father-in-law rebuilt a washed-out road high up in the Willapa Hills of western Washington. 'Hills' being a grand understatement in this flat-lander's opinion -- the highest ones are over 3000'! 

I took our two (at the time) little boys up to visit the job site  - the drive would have been harrowing were it not a bright, beautiful August day. Once we arrived at the peak of this knob, the views were incredible -- we were, for sure, on top of the world. :) 

We stayed through a beautiful sunset and then my kind husband drove ahead of us back down the 'hill', so I didn't have to navigate in the dark. 

SOLD


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My hubby bought it for me for my birthday and I love it !