Tuesday, November 29, 2022

340. Street Racer

 


"Street Racer"
6" x 6"
oil on gessobord

Last winter we had a generous dumping of snow in our corner of Oregon.
This a scene from that week; - one of the neighbor kids taking a run down our 'main street'. 
That snow stuck around for a few days and we thoroughly enjoyed it while it lasted. I especially love how it changes the sound; it's so quiet! And the light; - so much more light bouncing around! It's a remarkable interruption of our typical dark green/gray winters. I will never miss the extreme cold of the Minnesota winters of my youth, but there is so much beauty in the snow and I appreciate getting a taste of it here. Just a taste. ;)


This painting will be one of twelve featured in my 2023 painting calendar.
The calendars are on their way to me, and I plan to start shipping them out early next week!
($25 + $5 ship.)

No comments: