Thursday, August 25, 2022

336. A Grand Old Time


'A Grand Old Time'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

It's been a few years since we road-tripped to Minnesota, but we recently made the jaunt via Nevada/Arizona/Colorado. It was the 'long way' for sure, but so worth the swollen feet and 63 hours of driving. We've been road-trippers forever, so my boys are well-practiced, and let me just say, traveling with older kids is dreamy. They pack/feed/entertain themselves without (much) fighting or complaining, and I rarely carried more than my pillow. We saw so many amazing things, but the sweetness of just being together will forever dominate my memories. I will not look at a pic from this trip without smiling at the thought of my entire clan teasing me for repeatedly describing things as, 'Wild! That's wild!' Oh, the irony and mockery when I insisted that one of my children find different words instead of blurting, 'I don't know', when asked to make a decision about anything. Good times, lol.

This was one of my favorite scenes from the Grand Canyon.
We arrived at the South Rim about an hour before sunset, and it was delightful.



 

No comments: