Monday, March 12, 2018

Anything Can Be



"Anything Can Be"
16" x 16"
oil on gessoboard

It's Spring Auction time at my boys' grade school!
Our wonderful teachers and staff work tirelessly for months, gathering donations and creating beautiful classroom projects to be auctioned off. It's such a great community event and I'm always so happy to be a part of it. This year, the funds raised will go toward the creation of a dedicated art/science lab in the school, so I couldn't help but get a little extra 'artsy' in my contribution. :)

A special thank you to my fourth grade teacher; the first in a long list of teachers that fueled my own love of art. (And introduced me to Shel Silverstein. :) )

Listen to the MUSTN'TS, child,
Listen to the DON'TS
Listen to the SHOULDN'TS
The IMPOSSIBLES, the WONT'S
Listen to the NEVER HAVES
Then listen close to me --
Anything can happen, child,
ANYTHING can be. 
                                           -Shel Silverstein


No comments: