Thursday, March 12, 2015

213. Indian Beach Rocks


'Indian Beach Rocks'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

*Just a little note - the blue reflections/highlights on the rocks are incredibly difficult to photograph well - in reality, they do not 'glow' nearly as much as it appears here.

Way back in '03 or '04, my guy and I went to Indian Beach, a gem among gems on the Oregon Coast. It was overcast and damp, and I was completely enthralled with the rock-covered shore. We had a great time, even taking some selfies (eons before the word existed) with my very first digital camera - 2.0 megapixels! Lol. Here's one of them --  I can't believe I'm posting it -- but anyway, you can see all those lovely rocks behind us. :) 



A couple of years later, we were newlyweds and I was pregnant-sick, so I dug out one of  my Indian Beach rock pictures and used it to help pass the days/weeks until our first son was born. Here's the result --  a little bigger than my work now. :)


'Beach Rocks' 
24" x 24"
acrylic on canvas


Like a lot of things in my life, over the years I had completely forgotten about Indian Beach. Our good friends reminded us last summer, and we finally made our way back a couple of weeks ago. It was fabulous - I have a feeling we'll be back often. 
I mean, three young boys and never-ending rocks? Perfection. :)

Today's painting is from my new Indian Beach rock pics.  


No comments: