Wednesday, April 2, 2014

162. Second Street


'Second Street'
6" x 6"
oil on gessobord

This very steep street is close to our home, and we drive up and down it several times a week.  
I snapped this picture one day when the clouds were perfectly puffy and white, and the sky a brilliant, deep blue. I laughed while taking it, and more so when looking at my photos, because it is FILLED with wires! 

(Is this a normal amount of utility lines? 
I don't recall seeing them like this in other places. 
I'm gonna have to start paying attention.)

Of course, I could have just eliminated them all and focused on the sky, but...they kind of grew on me. I'm into power lines right now. :)
(In the end, I did leave a few out -- so many wires!)

As we drove home from the post office this afternoon, my three-year-old asked, "Mom, is this the painting you were painting?" 
:)

sold


1 comment:

Cris K said...

I love the power lines, glad you kept them. I like the feeling of cresting the hill too.