Wednesday, March 19, 2014

158. Oranges 'R' Amazing


'Oranges 'R' Amazing'
6" x 6"
oil on gessobord

When I was a teen, I was once struck by the incredible fruit that is the orange. I had my family shaking their heads and rolling their eyes as I waxed on about how they are SO AMAZING. I can't for the life of me remember what my big 'oranges are amazing' speech included, and have often stared at one since, wondering what I was so crazy about.
I still like oranges, especially their juice, - but, really? 
As if the orange is somehow more special than any of God's other fruit and vegetable creations. 
I mean, come on, asparagus is clearly the leader of that race.

By the way, this particular variety is the Cara Cara, a red-fleshed orange. 
Pretty. And very tasty, according to my husband. 

sold

No comments: