Wednesday, February 5, 2014

145. 10th St. Garage


'10th St. Garage'
6" x 6"
oil on gessobord

Hey!
I'm really satisfied.
This isn't perfect or anything, but it was just fun, from start to finish.
So many of my recent attempts have turned into overworked failures, and while I think it's probably necessary (and ultimately helpful? maybe?) to go through seasons like that, it is so not a good time! 
Makes a girl think about throwing in the towel. A lot! :)

Anyway, a day like today was much needed and much appreciated. :)

I really love this sunny little scene from Long Beach, Washington. I'm not feeling particularly nostalgic or anything, it's just the architecture and the lines of these things - an old gas station just makes me swoon. Lol!

sold




3 comments:

Linda said...

Please, please, please never think about throwing in the towel! You are my favorite artist on Daily Painting and very inspiring to me. I am a 64 year old beginning painter and if I ever paint as well as you, I will be delighted.

Marcela Strasdas said...

Your paintings always look great! (Unless you are talking about some you haven't posted!!!) keep at it, it always enjoyable and inspiring to see your work. :)

Nora Bergman said...

Thanks so much, Linda and Marcela! How nice!

Oh, and yes, Marcela, there are plenty that just never get finished or posted. But, yes, I'm keeping on keeping on -- some days it's so utterly frustrating and rewarding all at the same time. :)