Thursday, June 27, 2013

97. Evening Round Bales


'Evening Round Bales'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

Another scene from rural Minnesota in the summer. 
This trip home will always be one of my favorites - right near the end of it, my now-husband and I became a 'thing'. :)
That was nearly ten years ago, and, last week, we celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary. Love that guy. :)

Anyway, back to the painting. I'm a bit surprised that I haven't painted round bales before, what with my obsession and all. I'm sure I have dozens of photos of them, and fond memories of running across the tops when they're all lined up in their tidy rows. We always called this kind 'big round bales' because we had a neighbor that made 'little round bales'. I haven't seen the smaller version since I was a kid, -- they sure were cute.

sold

No comments: