Tuesday, October 30, 2012

41. Weathered



'Weathered'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

Another scene from the Ecola State Park on the Oregon Coast.
The trees that are fully exposed to the wind and rain take a beating most of the year -- and become even more beautiful in the process.
A hearty one, for sure.

I had this all ready to post yesterday, and then today I thought my photo of the painting didn't look as accurate as I wanted, so, I started tweaking. :)
Sometimes getting an accurate photo of my work takes just as long as the painting itself!
The sun is gone today, so the bright overcast rainy sky (as opposed to the dark rainy days) helped me out. After repainting a little, well, maybe a lot, I took new photos near the window and I think I got it.
At least according to my monitor. ;)

sold

No comments: