Thursday, December 10, 2020

325. Welcome Home

 


'Welcome Home'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

We drive through the state of Montana at least twice a year on our way to and from seeing my family in Minnesota. Our drives seem to always coincide with temps below zero or above 90 degrees. I'm sure you can guess which one I prefer. :) For some reason, I just LOVE getting out of an air-conditioned vehicle into very hot, sunny air. Anyone else?

This was one of those very hot days, I think in 2019. We stopped for fuel in a tiny non-truck-stop town, and I wandered around for a bit admiring the vintage architecture. This little house with its perfect porch and glowing shadows just made me smile. 
I enjoyed re-visiting those memories, and trying to capture the warmth of that day in this scene.


This was the last painting I completed before arranging my 2021 calendar.




No comments: