Wednesday, April 26, 2017

273. Summer Highlights


'Summer Highlights'
6" x 6"
oil on gessobord

We've seen so little of the sun this winter/spring, I've resorted to painting pictures full of it. 
It's not the viewing of it that I miss so much (kinda hurts my eyes, lol), but the feeling of it.
See that tiny patch of yard peeking through beneath/between the trees? If only I could be right there, sprawled out on a sun-warmed cotton quilt with a pillow and a good book. Ahhh. 
Oh, and also, I'd be sixteen again, lol.

I am very happy with how this scene turned out, - it was so challenging! I painted from a photo I took a few Augusts ago in the Yakima Valley of Washington state. My favorite part is the light reflecting up to the wall from the lower roof of the red building on the far right. 
So much warmth and light bouncing around, - oh, summer, please hurry!




No comments: