Tuesday, October 20, 2015

235. North Light


'North Light'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

One of the highlights of our summer road trip was a visit with our friends in the Duluth, Minnesota area. We spent a warm and sunny afternoon in Canal Park, on the shore of beautiful Lake Superior. It was an absolutely lovely day. Well, a little on the warm side, but that's not very common in Duluth, so we didn't complain. ;)  One of two lighthouses in the area, this is the 'Duluth Harbor North Breakwater Light'. 

Lighthouses in art can be tricky; - they're just so dang pretty (I think) that they easily become a cliché, and I tried hard to keep this one from becoming 'just another pretty lighthouse' painting. Whether I succeeded in that, I'm not sure, but I am pleased with how it turned out. :)
If you're curious, you can see a few 'in progress' shots on my Instagram account. (norabergman) 

Thanks for viewing!



No comments: