Thursday, July 2, 2015

226. Gallantly Streaming


'Gallantly Streaming'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

It's July! Time to paint a flag! ;)
Yippee!

I nearly gave up on this one, - I'm wearing some trial contact lenses that my eyes have not adjusted to, and, it's like 114° in my painting corner. Ok, probably only 80-something, but it is HOT. 
We're having an unusually warm summer here in the pnw, and even though I whine with the best of them, I actually kinda love it. 
(Except for the extreme fire danger and drought and all that, of course.) 
Summer is supposed to be hot! :)


So, here's my flag painting - I had a grand ol' time, even with all the extra challenges. ;)

(This flag adorns the retired Coast Guard lightship 'Columbia', now residing at the Columbia River Maritime Museum in Astoria, Oregon.)

I hope you all have a happy and safe Independence Day! 


No comments: