Saturday, January 10, 2015

206. Under the Cottonwoods


'Under the Cottonwoods'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

I am not a native of this cute little town, but my husband has lived here his entire life. That means, often he'll come find me after a day's work and exclaim, "Oh, you're painting so and so's house." Or, "Oh, that's so and so's work truck." Today, I was a little floored when the remark was, "Oh, you're painting dad's old service station." 

Uh, what? 
I had no idea. Well, I knew my father-in-law used to operate a service station, but, I never made the connection between that knowledge and this lovely white building that catches my eye every time I leave town. I mean, now that I think really hard, I maybe vaguely remember hearing that once upon a time, - it sounds sort of familiar... 
  Clearly, on this sunny day last summer, I was really only thinking about yellow truck...white walls...blue shadows... :)



No comments: