Friday, November 7, 2014

198. Old Junk


'Old Junk'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

I just felt like painting some of the old junky stuff that I have hanging around. I do love junk, especially good metal junk.

The little canister on the lower right is interesting - I think I paid a quarter for it at a yard sale, and inside are a set of goggles. (Glasses?)
I've never really determined their exact purpose, but I find them (and their well-used metal case) very intriguing. Here's a pic of the eyewear - maybe one of you knows more about them.

Update...my friends tell me the goggles are for welding or similar activity.
 Thanks, friends!


Anyway, have a great weekend!



1 comment:

suzanneberry said...

This photo of the goggles is a lovely as one of your paintings! In fact it could be one, I've been staring at it all morning! Your work beings me such joy and inspiration. Thank you!