Wednesday, October 2, 2013

120. Mason Jar Trio


'Mason Jar Trio'
6" x 6"
oil on gessobord

I've been in a bit of a painting rut -- I had a really great start on one at the end of last week, but I couldn't get it to come together. So, I tried again on Sunday. And Tuesday. And today. Guess what! It still won't work! 
Reminds me of that Einstein - attributed quote about the definition of insanity. Not Einstein, by the way. As Abraham Lincoln once said, 'The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always verify their accuracy.' ;)

Anyway, all that to say, I (finally) wisely moved on to something else. 
I love these old jars and took a different approach with them today - it felt good to stretch in a new direction. And, my rut feels like it might be getting a little shallower. :)
Thanks for viewing my work!

sold


1 comment:

Egretta Wells blog said...

Nora, I love the way you presented the mason jars and the reflections...great painting!