Friday, August 2, 2013

103. Fair Barns


'Fair Barns'
6" x 6"
oil on gessoboard

A couple of weeks ago, my guys and I went to our local county fair. 
I've lived here for nine years and this was my first time - a travesty!
When I was a kid, I don't think we ever missed the fair - I lost many a burger-flipping-earned dollar trying to win cheap prizes at silly, rigged carnival games, and wandered through oodles of barns and buildings checking out animals and 4-H projects. It was the highlight of our summer! 

My current county's fair lived up to all my fuzzy, youthful memories. The weather was perfect, the crowds were light, and the fair attractions were spot-on. It was my boys first fair (that they remember), and it was really cool seeing it all through their eyes. The horse barns, the cute, cute goats, the alligator(!), the rides, and especially the food. Oh, wonderful fair food. I'm still dreaming about those beignets (they called them fritters). Oh, yum.

Anyway, as we left, the setting sun did a lovely number on these horse barns. Can't resist a long, long shadow. :)

sold

No comments: